Tony Hill Award Nomination
2012 TONY HILL MEMORIAL AWARD
Request for Nominations
The 4th Annual UC Santa Cruz Tony Hill Memorial Award is selected in recognition of an individual in Santa Cruz County who exemplifies the work and efforts of the late Tony Hill. This award honors individuals for their efforts in seeking solutions to the needs of our local community, building bridges across diverse communities, and developing innovative approaches to solving social problems. The Tony Hill Memorial Award recipient will be recognized at the UC Santa Cruz annual Martin Luther King Jr. Convocation on February 2, 2012.
Criteria for Nomination
- The individual is actively engaged in the needs of the community and seeks to provide tools to work toward a solution.
- The individual demonstrates hands-on service that results in building connections among diverse groups, promoting equality and justice.
- The individual’s activities reflect innovative or unique approaches to solving social problems.
Members of the Santa Cruz and UCSC community are invited to nominate individuals. Any individual from Santa Cruz County who meets the below criteria and is actively engaged in service benefiting the community in Santa Cruz County may be nominated.
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, January 6, 2012 to UC Santa Cruz Special Events Office by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (831.459.2284) or mail to Special Events Office, 2155 Delaware Avenue Suite 200, Santa Cruz, CA 95060.
- Completed Official Nomination Form
- Statement of up to 500 words describing the nominee's activities
- (Optional) You may include up to four additional pages of supportive materials or letters of reference. The committee will review no more than four pages.